Thursday, December 31, 2009

PROPHECY AND IT `S FULFILLMENT CONT`D

Isaiah 50:6 says I give my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to those who pluck out the beard ; I did not hide my face from shame and spitting. fulfillment; Matthew 27:26 ........ and when he had scourged Jesus ; This scourging is the fulfillment of Jesus giving his back to the smiters; the hebrew word for smiters means, to strike severely,beat,give wounds,gives stripes
This scourging was endured by CHRIST in fulfillment of what HE said ,(I give my back to the smiters) pilot odered Jesus to be scourge . Under the roman method of scourging the person was stripped and tied in a bending posture to a pillar, or stretched on a frame . The scourge was made of leather thongs ,weighted with sharp pieces of bone or lead which tore the flesh of both the back and the breast this was awful suffering would bring ya to tears if u really think of it this is what CHRIST went through for the whole world and for me and you the reader give your life to HIM and if you have already stay commited to him he give his life for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment